We’re on a mission to make online shopping better for everyone. Bringing cutting-edge technology together with real human analysis of the entire online shopping experience, humii is a first-of-its-kind, pioneering a new era in retail customer insights. Born off the back of years of experience across technology, innovation and customer experience, we’re taking fresh ideas to an industry that is awash with complexity and crying out for help.
We’re an early-stage business, launched in early 2022, with a strong pool of dedicated customers and a strong pipeline, we’re on the lookout for smart, motivated individuals to join our team and help us build an awesome business. We have BIG plans, GREAT ideas and we’re going to need some help!
You’ll be joining a small, dedicated, ambitious and high-performing team that works hard to deliver great outcomes for our customers.
This role is part of a talented, close-knit team with plans for rapid growth and development over the coming 12 months.
We are on the lookout for a smart and dedicated data engineer who is looking for their next challenge. Someone that thrives in a high-performing team, loves developing new products, contributing to product design, who is comfortable with a bit of ambiguity and importantly, cares about delivering quality.
You’ll have a passion for data, with a strong grounding in data analysis fundamentals. You’ll be great with data exploration and visualisation techniques, have a passion for analytics and all things AI and machine learning. You’ll enjoy getting the best out of yourself and others while working in an agile, fast-paced environment. You’ll love a challenge but also want to have some fun along the way!
- Design and build a world class platform -You’ll take hold of our existing platform and help us evolve and scale it to the next level
- Lead our data engineering capability – You’ll help us build a team of experts to support our iterative development and growth.
- Listen to and support our customers - Be ready to react and respond to feedback and incorporate this into our product backlog
- Be proactive – This role is suited to someone that knows how to make things happen and move things forward.We’re a start-up, so you’ll need to be ready to roll the sleeves up and get stuck into the nitty-gritty.
We’re open-minded on your background, but we see the ideal candidate with:
- 5+ years’ experience in data analysis and engineering, ideally having worked in a product-led company
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud platforms and services -ideally Google
- Experience using Google’s AI tools (VertexAI,AutoML, etc)
- Experience building API’s and integrating systems
- Experience with Googles serverless tech stack
- Some experience with data-driven research and analysis
- Some tech leadership experience
- A strong dislike of poor, inefficient processes
- The ability to think big-picture and work with leadership for continuous improvement
- Great attention to detail and a stickler for high-quality
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Equity options a.k.a. skin in the game
- Flexible working hours - work-life balance is important to us
- Hybrid working (ideally you can manage the odd trip or two to Wollongong)
- Supportive leaders that want you to grow and succeed
- Clear path to a tech leadership role in the business
- Gun team
- Leafy, seaside South-Coast office
- Good vibes
- Amazing jokes*
- Great coffee
Success in this role is vital to the success of our business and we intend to reward the successful candidate appropriately in alignment with the performance of the business. We win, you win too.
We are offering this role as a full-time position however we will certainly consider applications from those that want to work part-time –it’s much more important we find the right candidate. Get in touch if you have any questions.
*Amazing jokes guaranteed
**Sunshine not guaranteed but we’ll try our best.