We’re on a mission to make online shopping better for everyone. Bringing cutting-edge technology together with real human analysis of the entire online shopping experience, humii is a first-of-its-kind, pioneering a new era in retail customer insights. Born off the back of years of experience across technology, innovation and customer experience, we’re taking fresh ideas to an industry that is awash with complexity and crying out for help.
We’re an early-stage business, launched in early 2022, with a strong pool of dedicated customers and a strong pipeline, we’re on the lookout for smart, motivated individuals to join our team and help us build an awesome business. We have BIG plans, GREAT ideas and we’re going to need some help!
You’ll be joining a small and ambitious team. You’ll have the opportunity to help us create and improve existing finance processes, implement sound accounting policies and procedures, and work towards becoming a key contact in the business for all things finance and business related.
This role is part of a talented, close-knit team with plans for rapid growth and development over the coming 12 months.
We are on the lookout for a smart and dedicated finance officer / accountant who is looking for their next challenge. Someone who thrives in a high-performing team, loves attention to detail, contributing to ongoing process improvements, who is comfortable with a bit of ambiguity and most importantly, cares about delivering quality.
You’ll have a passion for all things numbers, with a strong grounding in finance and accounting fundamentals. You’ll enjoy getting the best out of yourself and others while working in an agile, fast-paced environment. You’ll love a challenge but also want to have some fun along the way!
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, including ongoing monitoring and forecasting of revenue and expenses
- Manage internal records and receipts
- Reconcile daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and allocate profit & loss transactions
- Process and generate AR invoices
- Prepare payroll, BAS, cashflow and forecasts
- Develop in-depth knowledge of organisational products and processes
- Where necessary, provide customer service to our clients around invoicing & financials
- Be a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters
- Support the Operations & Finance team with projects and tasks when required
We’re open-minded on your past experience, and we’re even open to someone with limited experience but with a willingness to learn - however, we see the ideal candidate with:
- 3+ years experience in an accounting / finance role, either public or private (open to experience level for the right person)
- Diploma or degree qualified in accounting / finance or in the process of completing
- Experience with Excel and cloud-based accounting software
- Experience with AP / AR
- Experience with payroll
- Experience with GST, BAS preparation
- Experience with bank reconciliations
- Experience in cash flow and budgeting (ideal, but not a must)
- A strong dislike of poor, inefficient processes
- Great attention to detail and a stickler for high-quality
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Equity options a.k.a. skin in the game
- Flexible working hours - work-life balance is important to us
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Supportive leaders that want you to grow and succeed
- Gun team
- Leafy, seaside South-Coast office
- Good vibes
- Amazing jokes*
- Great coffee
Success in this role is vital to the success of our business and we intend to reward the successful candidate appropriately in alignment with the performance of the business. We win, you win too.
We are offering this role as a part-time position however we will certainly consider applications from those that want to work less or more – it’s much more important we find the right candidate. Get in touch if you have any questions.
*Amazing jokes guaranteed
**Sunshine not guaranteed but we’ll try our best.